Food Friday Recipe: Chicken Satay with Granola
Hear Sandro Gerbini, founder of Gatherer's Granola, on Food Friday!
Chipmunk's Choice® Chicken Satay
1 cup plain yogurt
1 tablespoon curry powder
(1/3 t cayenne pepper powder, optional)
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 ½ lbs skinless boneless chicken breast, cut into strips
1 ¼ cups Chipmunk’s Choice® granola, crushed
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons peanut oil (or canola oil if preferred)
Lime wedges (for garnish)
Cilantro (optional for garnish)
Preparation: Marinade (2 hours)
1. In a large bowl, mix yogurt, spices and minced garlic.
2. Add chicken.
3. Marinate, refrigerated, for 2 hours.
Preparation: Chicken Satay (10 minutes)
1. In a separate bowl, mix crushed Chipmunk’s Choice® granola and salt
2. Dredge chicken strips in the granola mixture
3. Heat oil in a large (12-inch) skillet over medium heat
4. Add chicken strips; avoid crowding
5. Cook chicken strips for 2 minutes; turn; cook another 2 minutes
6. Transfer chicken to paper towels to drain
7. Serve over steamed rice, garnished with sprigs of cilantro and a lime wedge