Any Questions #503: "Common Knowledge"
WAMC's Ian Pickus and resident quizzer Mike Nothnagel forge some common ground.
Last week's challenge
Start with the phrase THE MUSIC MAN. Rearrange the letters and you can spell the name of a European city and a type of food associated with that city. What are the words?
Answer: MUNICH, MEATS.
THIS WEEK'S CATEGORY: COMMON KNOWLEDGE
On-air questions: OK, Ian: we’re getting back out into the world and starting to share space with other people again, and our questions this week are doing the same thing, or at least the answers are. I’ll give you three items in each of two different categories (what those categories are is for you to figure out) and you tell me what item the two categories share.
1. Queens, Brooklyn, the Bronx / Hot toddy, Old Fashioned, Rob Roy
2. Mariners, Nationals, Padres / Ram, archer, scales
3. Prologue, chapter, table of contents / Esophagus, stomach, colon
4. Atonement, Brooklyn, Little Women / Jackie, Bess, Pat
5. Schroeder, Lucy, Snoopy / “Big Yellow Taxi”, “Free Man in Paris”, “Both Sides, Now”
1. Polk, Eisenhower, Harding / Timothy, Daniel, Sean
2. Albuquerque, Santa Fe, Los Alamos / Beat the Clock, What’s My Line?, I’ve Got a Secret
This week's challenge
Start with the phrase SHARED SPACES. Rearrange the letters to spell a seven-letter word for things that have marshals and a five-letter word for something that has kings. What are the words?
4. Lady Bird
2. Truth or Consequences