Wanda Fischer’s Favorite CDs of 2018
From Wanda: The following CDs are among my favorites released during 2018. This is not a “best-of” list”; rather, it reflects the CDs that struck me throughout the year as I was previewing music (most often while I was driving in my car), prompting me to make a note of the disc. If you listen to “The Hudson River Sampler” on Saturday nights from 8-10 pm, you might just hear a few of these artists!
- Arrowsmith-Robb Trio, "All the Salt (Arrowsmith-Robb)"
- Joan Baez, "Whistle Down the Wind (Razor and Tie)"
- Craig Bickhardt, "Home for the Harvest (Stone Barn)"
- Ruth and Max Bloomquist, "On a Canvas Painted Blue (Ruby)"
- Kate Campbell, "Damned Sure Blue (Large River)"
- Hazel Dickens and Alice Gerrard, "Sing Me Back Home: The DC Tapes, 1965-1969 (Free Dirt)"
- John Flynn, "Vintage (John Flynn)"
- David Francey, "The Broken Heart of Everything (Laker Records)"
- Tret Fure, "Roses in November (Tomboy Girl)"
- Elika Gilkyson, "Secularia (Red House)"
- Reggie Harris, "Ready to Go (Reggie Harris)"
- Ruth Hill, "Reunion of Broken Parts (Ruth Hill)"
- Joe Jencks, "The Forgotten (Turtle Bear)"
- Michael Jerling, "Family Recipe (Fools Hill)"
- Larry Kaplan, "True Enough (Hannah Lane)"
- Kathy Mattea, "Pretty Bird (Captain Potato)"
- John McCutcheon, "Ghost Light (Appalseed)"
- Jimmy Rankin, "Moving East (True North)"
- David Roth, "Last Day on This Earth (May the Light)"
- Tom Russell, "Old Songs Left to Sing (Frontera)"
- Bob Warren, "My Town (KBR)"
Please note: This list is in alphabetical order and not in order of preference.