Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
Tue January 22, 2013
Susane Colasanti - Keep Holding On
As a teenager author Susane Colasanti was bullied by her peers and didn’t have anyone to turn to for help.
Since then she has decided to use her experiences as a base for her novel Keep Holding On, where we learn that it does get better, it’s ok to let your freak flag fly, and help is available if you mutter the courage to ask for help.
Get help if you're being bullied or know someone who is:
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
Your Life Your Voice
It Gets Better Project
Resources for parents & educators:
International Bullying Prevention Association
Stop Bullying Now!
The Ophelia Project
Music used during the interview: Avril Lavigne's Keep Holding On and Lady Gaga's Born This Way.