Any Questions #474: "On The Map"
WAMC's Ian Pickus and resident quizzer Mike Nothnagel channel Steve Kornacki for a show about maps.
Last week's challenge
Start with a Halloween candy that rhymes. Rearrange the letters and you can spell a British title and a foreign stock exchange. What are the words, and what is the candy?
Answer: MIKE AND IKE, DAME and NIKKEI
THIS WEEK'S CATEGORY: ON THE MAP
On-air questions: I’ve been thinking about maps lately. Not entirely sure why, but I’ve had maps on my mind. Been seeing them all over the place. How about some questions about maps? I’ll give you a list of things that appear on a certain map, and you tell me what the map is of.
1. Richelieu Wing, The French Crown Jewels, Paintings: Italy 1250 – 1800
2. Mad Tea Party, Country Bear Jamboree, Swiss Family Treehouse, Tomorrowland Speedway
3. Bullpen Gate, Home Run Apple, Jackie Robinson Rotunda
4. Western United States, Yakutsk, Southern Europe, Kamchatka
5. Robert Kane Memorial Bridge, Crime Alley, Gordon’s House, Arkham Asylum
1. Quadling Country, Winkie Peaks, Poppy Fields
2. Alewife, Downtown Crossing, North Station, Haymarket
This week's challenge
Start with the phrase WEATHER MAPS. Rearrange the letters to spell the first and last names of an actress and the name of a musical instrument. Who is the actress and what is the instrument?
1. The Louvre
2. Magic Kingdom
3. Citi Field
4. Risk board
5. Gotham City
1. The Land of Oz
2. Massachusetts Bay Transit Authority subway map