Most Active Stories
- Oakland Sweeps Yankees 3-2 In 18 Innings
- Report Cards Assessing Vermont Legislature on Business Issues Released
- Dr. Elizabeth Greene, Western University – Roman Shoes
- Dr. Leah Lakdawala, Michigan State University – Prenatal Sexism
- Dr. Thomas Wartenberg, Mount Holyoke College – Philosophy of Children’s Books
Hudson Valley News
Wed February 20, 2013
Congressman Maloney Heads to Orange for a Farm Forum
A congressman from New York’s Hudson Valley will hold an Agriculture Town Hall gathering Wednesday in Orange County. The forum comes as Congress begins to consider a long-term farm bill.
Democratic Congressman Sean Patrick Maloney will hold the forum in Warwick. He says he wants to hear the concerns and priorities of local farmers and producers.
He and Republican Congressman Chris Gibson both serve on the House Agriculture Committee, and both say they look forward to working with one another to improve the agricultural industry in the Hudson Valley. Maloney’s Agriculture Town Hall Forum is from noon till 1 this afternoon at the Warwick Town Hall Center, and Congressman Maloney will be joined by New York State Executive Director for the U.S. Department of Agriculture Farm Service Agency James Barber.
North Country News