WAMC's Ian Pickus and resident quizzer Mike Nothnagel are on the "lam" this week.
Last week's challenge
Start with the phrase GREEN PARTY. Change one letter to a U and you can rearrange the result to spell a hyphenated word that you might use to describe a good book. What is the word?
Answer: If you change the Y to a U, you can spell PAGE-TURNER
THIS WEEK'S CATEGORY: OUT LIKE A “LAM”
On-air questions: This is our last show of March, which proverbially came in like a lion and is going out like a lamb. In honor of the end of the longest month, for the second straight year, every correct answer today will include the letters “L-A-M” in that order.
1. According to Cook’s Illustrated, a pork variety flavored with spicy peppers and coarse and chewy, Soppressata, and the red wine and garlic-flavored soft Genoa, also made from beef or veal, are two of the most popular types of what?
2. Amaretto, Southern Comfort, sloe gin and orange juice served in a Collins glass, or Draper Correctional Facility, about 100 miles from Tuscaloosa?
3. Built as a planned city to replace a much larger city as its nation’s capital, what city is home to Faisal Mosque and the defunct Benazir Bhutto International Airport?
4. Voiced by Robin Williams in 1992 film, what title does a character who grants Aladdin three wishes introduce himself as?
5. Among the coldest NFL games ever played were 1967’s NFL championship against the Cowboys, at 13 below, the 2008 NFC championship against the Giants, at 1 below, and the 1997 NFC championship against the Panthers, at 3 above. Where did they take place?
1. The brother of fellow NBA player Lonzo Ball and the son of athletics scion LaVar Ball, what’s the name of the Charlotte Hornets point guard who was drafted third overall in 2020?
2. From the Emilia-Romagna region in Italy, what type of wine, from the grape of the same name, is typically low in alcohol and lightly sparkling?
This week's challenge
Start with the phrase MARCH TO APRIL. Rearrange the letters and you can spell an eight-letter piece of furniture and a four-letter noun often taken in from that piece of furniture. What are they?
2. Alabama Slammer
3. Islamabad (Islamabad replaced Karachi as national capital of Pakistan, and is the ninth-largest city by population)
4. Genie of the Lamp (The role was played by Will Smith in the 2019 live action remake)
5. Lambeau Field (in Green Bay, the 1967 game is remembered as the Ice Bowl)
1. LaMelo Ball