Any Questions #230
WAMC's Ian Pickus and resident quizzer Mike Nothnagel switch sides for a quiz that'll make you think about "Summertime."
Last week's challenge
Start with the phrase RULE OF LAW. Change one letter to a P and you can rearrange the result to spell a two-word phrase (four letters, five letters) for what an unused battery has. What is it?
Answer: If you change the A to a P, you can spell FULL POWER
THIS WEEK'S CATEGORY: PEOPLE WHO HAVE WORKED WITH WILL SMITH
On-air questions: Well, Mike, on this date in 1965, Jeffrey Allen Townes was born in Philadelphia. You probably know him better as DJ Jazzy Jeff, who shot to fame in the rap duo also featuring Will Smith. Jazzy Jeff also had a recurring role on Smith’s sitcom The Fresh Prince of Bel Air. So today’s show is all about people who have worked with Will Smith.
1. Which actor from the Vacation series, whose many roles include a pilot named Russell in the Will Smith blockbuster Independence Day, was arrested on the Canada-Vermont border this past October after years as a tabloid oddity?
2. Smith’s costar in a 1995 Jerry Bruckheimer action film and its 2003 sequel is which actor and comedian, who had an eponymous sitcom on Fox from 1992-1997?
3. Jon Voight starred in the 1979 remake The Champ, about a desperate boxer. 22 years later, Voight was ringside as boxing announced Howard Cosell in which Will Smith movie?
4. Appearing in a small role in the 1998 Smith film Enemy of the State, 10 years later Anna Gunn began appearing as the wife of a chemistry teacher and eventual car wash opener on which television series?
5. Although Smith appeared in the 1993 movie version of a John Guare play that spawned a parlor game, he is apparently two degrees from which actor, with whom he hasn’t appeared on screen?
1. Will Smith reportedly passed up the role as Neo in The Matrix to make the flop Wild Wild West alongside which alliterative Oscar and Tony winner?
2. The panned After Earth in 2013 marked the second time Smith appeared alongside which screen actor?
This week's challenge
Start with the name of Will Smith Men In Black co-star TOMMY LEE JONES. Drop the M and rearrange the remaining letters, and you can spell a two-word phrase for what people often do at diners. What is the phrase?
1. Randy Quaid
2. Martin Lawrence (and Bad Boys III is rumored to be coming out in February of 2017).
4. Breaking Bad as Skyler; she was born in New Mexico
5. Kevin Bacon (Will Smith with Steve Carrell in Anchorman 2 to Crazy Stupid Love with Kevin Bacon.)
1. Kevin Kline
2. Jaden Smith