© 2026
Play Live Radio
Next Up:
0:00
0:00
0:00 0:00
Available On Air Stations
Scam Advisory: We have been made aware that an online entity is posing as Joe Donahue to invite authors and other creatives onto our radio shows. The scammers then attempt to charge guests an appearance fee for exposure/publicity.
Please note: WAMC does not charge guests to appear on the station and any email about appearing on a WAMC program will come from a wamc.org email address.

BSO: Sexual Misconduct Claims Against Dutoit Credible

Tanglewood
Tanglewood

The Boston Symphony Orchestra says an independent investigation into alleged sexual misconduct by guest conductor Charles Dutoit in 1997 found claims made by a former intern were credible. The orchestra announced Friday that the investigator — looking into claims by Fiona Allen — interviewed three other women who also described sexual misconduct incidents involving the now-81-year-old Swiss conductor. Their names were not released. The orchestra says it did not know about the claims at the time. An Associated Press report in December detailed several alleged incidents of sexual misconduct by Dutoit, including one in 2006 when Dutoit was working with the Philadelphia Orchestra in Saratoga Springs. Dutoit, who had been on the Boston Symphony Orchestra’s Tanglewood schedule in 2018 before the allegations, stepped down from the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra in London in January.

Related Content