Shawn Stone joins us to talk about what he's seen lately and what cultural events are coming up this week in our region.
Seen: "The Farewell"
- The Philadelphia Orchestra/Jazz at Lincoln Center Orch. with Wynton Marsalis - SPAC Amphitheater, Saratoga Spa State Park, Saratoga Springs, Thursday 8/15, 8 PM
- Bridgman Packer Dance - (featuring “Table Bed Mirror,” “Voyeur”) - PS21, Chatham, Friday & Saturday 8/16-17, 8 PM
- Jupiter & Okwess - MASS MoCA, Dre Pavilion or Club B10, North Adams, Mass., Saturday 8/17, 8 PM
- Whiskey Myers, The Vagabonds - Pearl Street Night Club, Northampton, Mass., Saturday 8/17, 8 PM
- Martha Graham Dance Company - The Clark Art Institute, Williamstown, Mass., Sunday 8/18, 1 PM
- Amernet String Quartet - (music of Beethoven, Shostakovich, Dvorak) - Maverick Concerts, Maverick Concert Hall, Sunday 8/18, 4 PM
- Ellen Sinopoli Dance Company - Freedom Park Concert Series, Freedom Park, Scotia, Sunday 8/18, 7 PM
- Jonas Brothers: Happiness Begins Tour - Times Union Center, Albany, Monday 8/19, 7:30 PM
New movies: "The Nightingale," "Mike Wallace Is Here," "Blinded By the Light," "Where’d You Go Bernadette," "Good Boys"