Cultural Commentary With Shawn Stone
Shawn Stone joins us to talk about what he's seen lately and what cultural events are coming up this week in our region.
Seen: "Echo in the Canyon," "The Dead Don’t Die," "Men in Black: International," "Rocketman"
- Quiet Riot, Bad Mothers - Alive at 5, Jennings Landing, Corning Preserve, Albany, Thursday 6/27, 5 PM
- Buck Meek - Hangar On the Hudson, Troy, Thursday 6/27, 8 PM
- Madison VanDenburg, Moriah Formica - Times Union Center, Albany, Friday 6/28, 7:30 PM
- Toad the Wet Sprocket - The Egg, Albany, Friday 6/28, 8 PM
- Old Songs Folk Festival - 30+ performers including Emma’s Revolution, Bill Staines, Sharon Katz & The Peace Train - Altamont Fairgrounds, Altamont, Friday 6/28, 2 PM-1 AM; Saturday 6/29, 9 AM-1 AM; Sunday 6/30, 9 AM-7 PM
- The Boxcar Lilies, Carolann Solebello - Iron Horse Music Hall, Northampton, Mass., Saturday 6/29, 7 PM
- Heather Maloney: Soil in the Sky Album Release Show - Helsinki Hudson, Hudson, Saturday 6/29, 9 PM
- Freihofer’s Saratoga Jazz Festival, Amphitheatre & Discovery Stage, SPAC, Saratoga Springs - Saturday 6/29, noon: George Benson, James Carter Organ Trio; Sunday 6/30, 11 AM: Norah Jones, Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue, Joshua Redman Quartet
- Opera Saratoga, Spa Little Theater, SPAC, Saratoga Springs - Saturday 6/29, 7:30 PM: "The Daughter of the Regiment;" Sunday 6/30, 3 PM: Ellen West
- Shanghai Quartet (music of Dvorak, Tan Dun, Beethoven) - Maverick Concerts, Woodstock, Sunday 6/30, 4 PM
New movies: "Yesterday," "The Last Black Man in San Francisco," "You Can Choose Your Family"