Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
Tue January 8, 2013
"The Last Runaway" by Tracy Chevalier
Bestselling author, Tracy Chevalier, is celebrated for her rich, beautiful novels spun around captivating European historical figures such as Johannes Vermeer, the Dutch painter featured in Chevalier’s tour-de-force blockbuster Girl with a Pearl Earring.
Now, for the first time, Chevalier brings to life a unique and iconic part of American history. In The Last Runaway, Chevalier takes readers to the center of one of America’s most profound and affecting movements: the Underground Railroad, and the Quakers who made it run.