Cultural Commentary From Shawn Stone
Shawn Stone joins us to talk about what he's seen lately and what cultural events are coming up this week in our region.
Seen: "The Seagull"
- Alive at Five: Matisyahu, MIRK - Jennings Landing at the Corning Preserve, Albany, Thursday 6/21, 5 PM
- Goodnight Moonshine - Caffè Lena, Saratoga Springs, Thursday 6/21, 7 PM
- Old Songs Festival - Altamont Fairgrounds, Altamont, Friday 6/22 through Sunday 6/24
- Aimee Mann - Mahaiwe Performing Arts Center, Great Barrington, Mass., Friday 6/22, 8 PM
- Tempest Trio: Alon Goldstein, piano; Ilya Kaler, violin; Amit Peled, cello - music of Beethoven, Amy Beach, Mendelssohn - Tannery Pond Concerts, New Lebanon, Saturday 6/23, 8 PM
- Freihofer’s Saratoga Jazz Festival - SPAC, Saratoga - Saturday 6/23 (feat. Herbie Hancock, Chris Botti) and Sunday 6/24 (feat. Jon Batiste with the Dap-Kings, Mavis Staples), opens both days at 10 AM
- Boston Pops and Audra McDonald - Tanglewood Shed, Lenox, Mass., Sunday 6/24, 2:30 PM
- 16MM Classic Fantastic Vintage TV Party: "The Outer Limits" (pilot), "Alfred Hitchcock Presents" (2 episodes) - Proctors, Schenectady, Monday 6/25, 7 PM
- David Blaine Live - Palace Theatre, Albany, Tuesday 6/26, 8 PM
New movies: "Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom," "Won't You Be My Neighbor?" "American Animals"