Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
WAMC New York News
Mon August 9, 2004
Presidential Series - Medicare
By Greg Dahlmann
Albany, NY – WAMC today begins a 12-part series designed to look at where the candidates stand on certain issues. In 2006 Medicare will start offering a prescription drug benefit to seniors. The law that set up this benefit - the Medicare Modernization Act - has been the subject of much debate- especially a provision that forbids the government from negotiating on behalf of beneficiaries for lower drug prices. As Greg Dahlmann reports, this debate has carried over into the presidential contest.