Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
Sun November 11, 2012
Karen O'Keefe - The Marijuana Policy Project
Last week, the states of Colorado and Washington became the first two states to legalize the possession and use of marijuana for recreational use.
In our region, Massachusetts voters widely supported a referendum legalizing the prescription of marijuana for medicinal use.
For more on what these developments mean for the future of marijuana policy in New York State and across the country, WAMC’s Patrick Donges spoke with Karen O’Keefe, director of state policies at the Marijuana Policy Project.