Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
WAMC New York News
Mon October 25, 2004
Crime Stats Show NY Safer
By Pat Bradley
Albany, NY – For the tenth straight year, New York State saw a drop in major crimes. Figures released by the state Division of Criminal Justice Services show the number of major crimes in the state dropped 3-point-1 percent in 2003. While the governor says the figures prove that New York's tough policies have been effective at reducing crime, he and others, say more needs to be done. More from North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley.