On Display And Upcoming At Williams College Museum Of Art
Founded in 1926 the Williams College Museum of Art is one of the oldest museums in the county and features changing exhibitions of its permanent collection as well as travelling shows. Located in the heart of the Williams campus just a few steps off Spring Street in Williamston, the museum is open year round and admission is always free.
The museum has more than 14,000 objects in its collection including the largest collection in the world of work by brothers Charles and Maurice Prendergast. Their current exhibitions include – but are not limited to - Frank Lloyd Wright: Early Work; Looking At and Looking Through: Rethinking Portraiture; and Immortal Scripts.
Lisa Dorin, Deputy Director of Curatorial Affairs and Kevin Murphy, Eugenie Prendergast Curator of American Art are here today to let us know what's on view and what's coming up at the museum this spring.