Fire That Killed Halfmoon Woman Blamed On Overloaded Circuit | WAMC

Fire That Killed Halfmoon Woman Blamed On Overloaded Circuit

Jan 25, 2015

A fire blamed on an overloaded electrical circuit has claimed the life of a 77-year-old woman at a mobile home park in upstate New York.

Firefighters responded to the mobile home in Halfmoon, north of Albany, at about 1:40 a.m. Saturday.

The Albany Times Union (http://bit.ly/1CEvWxY ) reports that firefighters couldn't reach 77-year-old Patricia Medaglia in time to save her because of heavy fire and smoke.

The Saratoga County Sheriff's Department says the fire was caused by an overloaded electrical circuit in the victim's bedroom.

It took until about 4 a.m. to control the flames. One firefighter suffered a minor injury.

Copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.