Any Questions #415: "NFL Snacks"
WAMC's Ian Pickus and resident quizzer Mike Nothnagel trade offense for defense for a show about NFL stadium food.
Last week's challenge
Start with the phrase AMERICAN TUNE. Change one letter to a P and you can spell a seven-letter word for a shade of red and a five-letter word for a shade of brown. What are the words?
Answer: If you change an N to a P, you can spell CARMINE and TAUPE.
THIS WEEK'S CATEGORY: NFL SNACKS
On-air questions: Well Mike, we’re in the dog days of August, which means football training camps are in full swing. The Hall of Fame game was played in Canton last week, and the NFL’s 100th season kicks off Sept. 5. In honor of the NFL’s centennial season, today’s quiz is about something that goes hand-in-hand with football: food. I’ll name some delicacies available at an NFL stadium, you name the team.
1. Debuting in 2016, the Midway Monster hot dog featuring corned beef, bacon sauerkraut, mustard and a pretzel bun.
2. The Jumbo breakfast sandwich — a 10-inch everything bagel with a half-pound of ham, a one-pound sausage patty, a one-pound chorizo patty, cheese, four fried eggs and potato hash.
3. The Tailgater Burger, which is a beef patty topped with kielbasa, cheese, bacon, onion rings, two buffalo wings and Maryland crab dip.
4. Tim Hortons original blend coffee, Tim Hortons latte, Tim Hortons breakfast sandwich, Timbits
5. Pork Belly & Sausage Poboy, alligator, the Dome Dog, savory gumbo bread pudding.
1. The Brat in a Blanket, which is wrapped in melted cheese curds, topped with beer mustard and served in a pretzel bun.
2. The Gridiron Challenge Burger, which costs $75 and includes 2.5 pounds of hamburger, five hot dogs, five bratwursts, 20 slices of American cheese, eight slices of bacon, eight chicken tenders, fries, and pickles.
This week's challenge
Start with the name of a certain NFL team. Change one letter, rearrange the letters, and you can spell the name of a second NFL team in the same conference. What are the teams?
1. Chicago Bears (Soldier Field)
2. New York Jets (MetLife Stadium)
3. Baltimore Ravens (M & T Bank Stadium)
4. Buffalo Bills (New Era Field)
5. New Orleans Saints (Mercedes-Benz Superdome)
1. Green Bay Packers (Lambeau Field)
2. Arizona Cardinals (University of Phoenix Stadium)