Several streets and buildings in downtown Albany will be closed Sunday in the area near the Corning Tower.
The Albany Police Department says a helicopter will be lifting materials from the Grand Street parking lot to the roof of the tower on the Empire State Plaza.
It’s the first of three planned lifts as crews perform roofing work and replace the building’s maintenance rigs.
Road closures from 7 a.m. until approximately 5 p.m.:
• Philip Street between Grand and Van Zandt
• Hamilton Street between Grand and Philip
• Sidewalks will be open for residents
Road closures from 8 a.m. until approximately 5 p.m.:
• Eagle Street between Madison and Lancaster
• Eagle Street northwest at Lancaster Street – Full Closure
• Philip Street at Madison Avenue – Half Closure (East Bound Traffic)
• Arterial from P-1 level (“Mousehole”) to Madison Avenue
Structure/Parking closures from 7 a.m. until approximately 5 p.m.:
• Corning Tower
• Wadsworth Health Labs
• Concourse corridor from Corning Tower to the Post Office
• East Parking Garage
• Grand Street lot
• Walkway from Concourse level to East Parking Garage
• All plaza level structures and outdoor areas within 150 feet of Corning Tower
• P1, P2, and P3 South parking levels