An elderly couple died in a Thursday morning fire at their Pittsfield, Massachusetts home, while their daughter was able to escape.
The Berkshire District Attorney’s office says the Pittsfield Fire Department received a 911 call at 3:55 a.m. reporting a fire on Bryan Street. Firefighters found the couple on the first floor. The male was taken to Berkshire Medical Center where he was pronounced dead. The woman died at the scene. Their daughter, who ran to a neighbor’s house to call for help, was taken to BMC where she was treated and released.
Authorities have not released the victims’ names pending notification of next of kin. Area media report land records show the home is owned by Raymond and Beverly Kinsella.
Pittsfield’s fire chief says an electric cord that short-circuited started the fire.