Matt's Killer Croutons
1. Heat four tablespoons of olive oil with minced/pressed garlic in a frying pan over medium heat.
2. Add fresh ground pepper to taste and a pinch of ground ginger.
3. Cube three slices of thick bread and throw into the pan.
4. Toss like a chef (with great bravado and panache) for several minutes until croutons are golden and oil has been absorbed.
5. Place to dry and cool on wooden cutting board for about ten minutes.
6. Guard zealously from envious, crouton-mad relatives and friends or you won't have any to put on your salad.
7. Toss with favorite undressed salad (or serve on the side or atop one that is dressed).