Shawn Stone joins us to talk about what he's seen lately and what cultural events are coming up this week in our region. And Joe reviews David Byrne's "American Utopia" on Broadway.
Seen: "Linda Ronstadt: The Sound of My Voice," "Zombieland: Double Tap"
- Taldans: Dolap - EMPAC, Lobby, RPI, Troy, Thursday 10/24, 7:30 PM
- Pink Martini - Troy Savings Bank Music Hall, Troy, Thursday 10/24, 7:30 PM
- The Glenn Miller Orchestra - Capitol Theatre, Rome, Friday 10/25, 7 PM
- All Rise: Nick Offerman American Humorist - Palace Theatre, Albany, Friday 10/25, 8 PM
- Philadanco - The Egg, Albany, Friday 10/25, 8 PM
- Kansas: Point of Know Return Tour - Palace Theatre, Albany, Saturday 10/26, 8 PM
- Aqueous - Putnam Place, Saratoga Springs, Saturday 10/26, 9 PM
- Close Encounters With Music: U.S. Premiere of Andre Hajdu’s Kohelet; cello quartet led by Yehuda Hanani, with narrator Sam Waterston - Mahaiwe Performing Arts Center, Great Barrington, Mass., Sunday 10/27, 5 PM
- Jenny Lewis, The Watson Twins - Upstate Concert Hall, Clifton Park, Monday 10/28, 8 PM
- The Bad Plus - Iron Horse Music Hall, Northampton, Mass., Wednesday 10/30, 7 PM
New movies: "The Lighthouse," "Black and Blue," "Countdown," "The Current War"