Shawn Stone joins us to talk about what he's seen lately and what cultural events are coming up this week in our region.
Seen: Sword of Trust
- Tom Segura - Palace Theatre, Albany, Thursday 8/8, 7 PM
- Tracy Bonham - Caffe Lena, Saratoga Springs, Friday 8/9, 8 PM
- Harry Connick Jr. - The Egg, Albany, Thursday 8/8 & Friday 8/9, 8 PM
- Capitolfest - featured: films starring Frances Dee & Joel McCrea; silent film accompaniment by Ben Model - Capitol Theatre, Rome, Friday 8/9 through Sunday 8/11
- "A More Perfect Union: New Works by Scout" - Thompson Giroux Gallery, Chatham, opening reception Saturday 8/10, 4-6 PM, exhibit through 9/22
- Laurie Anderson Presents: Lou Reed Drones with Stewart Hurwood - MASS MoCA, Hunter Center, North Adams, Mass., Saturday 8/10, 8 PM
- Steve Gorn & Friends: Indian Ragas/Tribute to Ravi Shankar - Maverick Concerts, Maverick Concert Hall, Woodstock, Saturday 8/10, 8 PM
- Hudson Jazz Works Concert with Armen Donelian, Marc Mommaas, Billy Drewes - Hudson Hall, Hudson, Sunday 8/11, 4 PM
- Savion Glover with OUT’KNiGHTz - Mahaiwe Performing Arts Center, Great Barrington, Mass., Sunday 8/11, 7 PM
- Beck, Cage the Elephant - SPAC Amphitheater, Saratoga Spa State Park, Saratoga Springs, Monday 8/12, 6 PM
New movies: "Maiden," "Them That Follow," "The Art of Racing in the Rain," "Dora and the Lost City of Gold," "Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark," "Brian Banks"