Shawn Stone joins us to talk about what he's seen lately and what cultural events are coming up this week in our region.
Seen: "Once Upon a Time In Hollywood"
- Marco Benevento, CTRL Control - Alive at 5, Jennings Landing, Corning Preserve, Albany, Thursday 8/1, 5 PM
- The Regrettes - The Hollow Bar + Kitchen, Albany, Thursday 8/1, 8 PM
- The Philadelphia Orchestra: Songs of the Sea, featuring pianist Janice Carissa - (music of Britten, Ravel, Debussy) - SPAC Amphitheatre, Saratoga Spa State Park, Saratoga Springs, Friday 8/2, 8 PM
- Black Arts & Cultural Festival featuring Mya, DJ Brian B, Gedeon Luke and the People, more - Empire State Plaza, Albany, Saturday 8/3, 2-7 PM
- Sweet Honey in the Rock - Mahaiwe Performing Arts Center, Great Barrington, Mass., Saturday 8/3, 8 PM
- HMT To Go: "The Beauty Queen of Leenane" - Caffe Lena, Saratoga Springs, Sunday 8/4 at 3 and 7 PM
- Thornetta Davis, Tas Cru & His Band of Tortured Souls - Agnes MacDonald Music Haven, Central Park, Schenectady, Sunday 8/4, 7 PM
- Herb Alpert & Lani Hall - The Egg, Albany, Sunday 8/4, 7:30 PM
- Disney’s "Newsies" - Park Playhouse, Washington Park, Albany, opens Tuesday 8/6, 7:30 PM, through Aug. 24
- “Just for Kids” Free Summer Movies Series: "Night at the Museum" - Cohoes Music Hall, Cohoes, Wednesday 8/7, 1 PM
New movies: "The Farewell," "Sword of Trust," "Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw"