Shawn Stone joins us to talk about what he's seen lately and what cultural events are coming up this week in our region.
Seen: "The Spy Who Dumped Me"
- "Annie" - Mac-Haydn Theatre, Chatham, opens Thursday 8/23 at 2 and 8 PM; through Sept. 2
- Blue Öyster Cult - Empire State Plaza, Albany, Thursday 8/23, 5:30-8:30 PM
- Dick Dale - Iron Horse Music Hall, Northampton, Thursday 8/23, 7 PM
- The Blasters - Hangar On the Hudson, Troy, Friday 8/24, 8 PM
- The Wailin’ Jennys - Calvin Theatre, Northampton, Saturday 8/25, 8 PM - The Egg, Albany, Sunday 8/26, 7:30 PM
- Crystal Clear Acoustic Concert Series: House Sparrow - Thomas Schutte installation at Stone Hill, Clark Art Institute, Williamstown, Sunday 8/26, noon-2 PM
- Borromeo String Quartet; music of Mozart, Bach, Mendelssohn, Ned Rorem - Maverick Concerts, Woodstock, Sunday 8/26, 4 PM
- "Guardians of the Galaxy" - Outside the Times Union Center, Albany, Monday 8/27, 6:30 preshow/7:30 movie
- "Sharon Bates: Exhibit B" - Opalka Gallery, Sage Colleges, Albany, opens Tuesday 8/28 through Oct. 13; opening reception Sept. 7
New movies: "Operation Finale," "Papillon," "Skate Kitchen," "The Happytime Murders"