WAMC's Ian Pickus and resident quizzer Mike Nothnagel are either over- or underprepared.
Last week's challenge
Start with the phrase Mother’s Day. Rearrange the letters and you can spell two related words associated with power. What are they?
Answer: HYDRO and STEAM
THIS WEEK'S CATEGORY: OVER/UNDER
On-air questions: OK, Ian: a couple of months ago, I made you do some math problems. I promise I’m not going to do that again, but each question this week does have a numerical answer. Instead of you giving me the exact answer, I’ll give you an over/under for the answer and you choose “over” if you think the actual number is higher than the one I give you and you choose “under” if you think the actual number is lower than the one I give you.
1. Original price of a Big Mac when it debuted at the McDonald’s in Uniontown, Pennsylvania in 1967 (over/under: $0.75)
2. Reported seating capacity of Dodger Stadium, the Major League Baseball stadium with the highest seating capacity (over/under: 48,000)
3. Number of individual stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame as of April 2021 (over/under: 1800)
4. Number of elements on the periodic table with a single-letter symbol (over/under: 20)
5. Distance between Albany, New York and Albany, New Zealand, a suburb of Auckland (over/under: 6000 miles)
1. Number of episodes of the television series Gunsmoke, the longest-running primetime live action series of the 20th century (over/under: 375)
2. Number of full-length novels written by best-selling mystery writer Agatha Christie (over/under: 85)
This week's challenge
Start with the words OVER and UNDER. Change one letter to a B and you can rearrange the result to spell the four-letter word for a type of beverage and a five-letter word for what a group of those beverages might be called. What are the words?
1. Under (actual price is $0.45)
2. Over (actual number is 56,000)
3. Over (actual number is 2695)
4. Under (actual number is 14)
5. Over (actual distance is 8874 miles)
1. Over (actual number is 480)
2. Under (actual number is 74)