WAMC's Ian Pickus and resident quizzer Mike Nothnagel swap seats for a show inspired by the late RBG.
Last week's challenge
Start with the phrase MISSING PIECE. Rearrange the letters to spell the six-letter names of two members of a group of twelve. What are the words?
Answer: PISCES, GEMINI
THIS WEEK'S CATEGORY: R, B, G
On-air questions: All right, Mike. This week, mourners have been remembering the late Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, better known in pop culture as the notorious RBG. The 87-year-old trailblazer died at age 87, setting up a fight over the makeup of the court for years to come. In honor of RBG, this week, I’ll give you a category, and you supply answers that fit the category starting with R, B and G.
1. Last name of Baseball Hall of Famers who went in as Yankees.
2. U.S. Presidents
3. World capitals
4. NBA teams
5. Weezer albums
1. One-word Best Picture Oscar winner titles
2. Seas of the world
This week's challenge
Start with the letters RBG. Only these consonants appear in the last name of exactly one of RBG’s predecessors on the court. Who is it?
1. Rivera/Rizzuto/Ruth/Ruffing, Berra, Gehrig/Lefty Gomez/Joe Gordon/Goose Gossage
2. Reagan/Roosevelt/Roosevelt, Bush/Bush/Buchanan, Grant/Garfield
3. Rabat/Reykjavik/Riga/Riyadh/Rome, Baghdad/Bangkok/Bangui/Beijing/Beirut/Belgrade/Belmopan/Belize City/Berlin/Bern/Bishkek, to name a few, Gaborone/George Town/Georgetown/Gibraltar/Guatemala City
4. Raptors/Rockets, Bulls/Bucks, Grizzlies
5. Ratitude/Red, Black/Blue, Green (the color albums are technically self-titled and also include White and Teal)
1. Rebecca/Rocky, Braveheart/ Ben-Hur/Birdman, Gigi/Gandhi/Gladiator
2. Red/Ross/Riiser-Larson, Black/Balearic/Baltic/Bengal/Banda Greenland/