WAMC's Ian Pickus and resident quizzer Mike Nothnagel look for a missing piece.
Last week's challenge
Four NFL teams share their name with a franchise from one of the other three major North American sports – the NHL, NBA and Major League Baseball. What are the four teams? As a hint, two share a home stadium.
Answer: Giants, Jets, Cardinals, Panthers.
THIS WEEK'S CATEGORY: WHAT’S MISSING?
On-air questions: OK, Ian; this week I brought a game I’m calling “What’s Missing?” because that’s what you’ll have to figure out. I’ll give you the members of a certain group, but I’m going to leave one out. You tell me what the missing member is that completes the group. For example, if I said “candlestick, revolver, lead pipe, wrench, knife”, you would say “rope” because that’s the missing weapon from the game Clue.
1. Chemistry, Economics, Literature, Physics, Physiology or Medicine
2. Angel Stadium, Oakland Coliseum, Oracle Park, Petco Park
3. Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, Victoria, Western Australia
4. Great Seal of the U.S., U.S. Treasury, White House, U.S. Capitol, Independence Hall
5. Halle Berry, Jamie Foxx, Sidney Poitier, Forest Whitaker
1. Arts & Literature, Entertainment, Geography, History, Sports & Leisure
2. Jumpin’ Jack Flash, Big, Awakenings, Renaissance Man, The Preacher’s Wife, Riding in Cars with Boys
This week's challenge
Start with the phrase MISSING PIECE. Rearrange the letters to spell the six-letter names of two members of a group of twelve. What are the words?
1. Peace (Nobel Prize categories)
2. Dodger Stadium (Major League Baseball stadiums in California)
3. New South Wales (Australian states)
4. Lincoln Memorial (Things depicted on the back of widely-circulated U.S. currency)
5. Denzel Washington (African-Americans who have won the Oscar for Best Actress or Best Actor)
1. Science & Nature (categories in the original Genus Edition of Trivial Pursuit)
2. A League of Their Own (films directed by Penny Marshall)