WAMC's Ian Pickus and resident quizzer Mike Nothnagel return the favor with a show whose answers are made up by the letters in "reciprocate."
Last week's challenge
Two items commonly associated with birthdays begin with the U.S. postal abbreviation for which state?
Answer: California (cake and candles)
THIS WEEK'S CATEGORY: “RECIPROCATE” THE FAVOR
On-air questions: OK, Ian: I had a lot of fun answering your questions from last week where all the answers could be spelled from the letters of the word BELATED. So, I’m going to return the favor this week. This time around, each correct answer can be spelled from the letters in the word RECIPROCATE.
1. Located under Chesapeake Bay is the largest example in the United States – approximately 53 miles in diameter – of the impact type of what geographical feature, formed some 35 million years ago when a meteor struck the eastern coast of North America?
2. There is one in Pisa, Italy named for Galileo, one in Rawalpindi, Pakistan named for Benazir Bhutto, one in Liverpool named for John Lennon, and one in Delhi, India named for Indira Gandhi. One what?
3. What is the last name of the author who stars as Lionel Twain in Neil Simon’s 1976 film Murder by Death and has a uncredited cameo in the 1977 film Annie Hall, identified as the winner of his own lookalike contest?
4. The nation of South Africa has three national capitals: Cape Town, designated as the legislative capital, Bloemfontein, the judicial capital city, and which city, designated as the administrative capital?
5. In the Color Matching System developed by the company Pantone, color number 14-1227 is called Peach, and number 16-1360 is called Nectarine. What name does Pantone give to color number 15-1153?
1. By what six-letter name is Beethoven’s Symphony No. 3 in E♭ major, Op. 55 commonly referred?
2. 23.43663° North and 23.43663° South are currently the positions of the two lines each known as a what?
This week's challenge
Start with the word RECIPROCATE. Rearrange the letters to spell two words (five letters and six letters) that might precede the last name Brosnan. What are the words?