WAMC's Ian Pickus and resident quizzer Mike Nothnagel are "back!"
Last week's challenge
Start with the phrase MESS AROUND. Rearrange the letters to spell a four-letter word and a six-letter word that each name a payment of sorts. What are the words?
Answer: The words are DUES and RANSOM.
THIS WEEK'S CATEGORY: WE'RE "BACK"!
On-air questions: It's been a few weeks since we've had a show, but we're back! And to celebrate our return, we're going to listen to some music. Specifically, I'll give you some lyrics from a song with the word "back" in the title and the year it was released, and you name the song.
1. 1969: "Jo Jo was a man who thought he was a loner / But he knew it couldn't last / Jo Jo left his home in Tucson, Arizona / For some California grass"
2. 1989: "I'd take back those words that hurt you / And you'd stay / If I could reach the stars / I'd give 'em all to you"
3. 1969: "Oh, baby, all I need is one more chance (To show you that I love you) / Won't you please let me (Back in your heart) / Oh, darlin', I was blind to let you go"
4. 1970: "Tambourines and elephants are playin' in the band / Won't you take a ride on the flyin' spoon? / Wond'rous apparition provided by magician"
5. 2012: "I remember when we broke up the first time / Saying, 'This is it, I've had enough,' 'cause like / We hadn't seen each other in a month / When you said you needed 'space'"
1. 1989: "Well, I know what's right / I got just one life / In a world that keeps on pushin' me around / But I'll stand my ground"
2. 1963: "You been spreading lies that I was untrue / So look out now cause he's comin' after you"
This week's challenge
Start with the song title BACK IN THE USSR. Change one letter to a W and you can spell three words (three letters, four letters, and six letters) that each name something in a house that uses water. What are the words?
1. "Get Back"
2. "If I Could Turn Back Time"
3. "I Want You Back"
4. "Lookin’ Out My Back Door"
5. "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together"
1. "I Won’t Back Down"
2. "My Boyfriend’s Back"