WAMC's Ian Pickus and resident quizzer Mike Nothnagel are back with show all about "V.W."
Last week's challenge
Start with the names of Mark Messier’s other NHL teams: CANUCKS and OILERS. Rearrange the letters and you can spell a phrase that might describe what someone who cheated on a diet has done.
Answer: SNUCK CALORIES.
THIS WEEK'S CATEGORY: V. W.
On-air questions: On January 19, 1978, the last Volkswagen Beetle came off the assembly line in the car manufacturer's plant in Emden, Germany. Production shifted to factories in Brazil and Mexico, where the car was produced for another 25 years before the final Beetle rolled off the assembly line in June of 2003. The car was sent to Volkswagen's museum in Germany. To commemorate the VW Beetle, this week, our questions are about things with the initials V.W.
1. Between 1999 and 2016, tennis star Venus Williams played in 14 Grand Slam women's doubles title matches, and she won all 14 of them, all of them with who as her doubles partner?
2. Vanna White has been a co-host of Wheel of Fortune since 1982, but her debut on that show does not mark her first appearance on a game show. White was one of the first four people in Contestants' Row on a June, 1980, episode of what long-running game show?
3. The 1999 live album Viva Wisconsin was recorded on a six-date tour of the band's home state of Wisconsin, and features songs like "Add It Up", "American Music", and "Blister in the Sun". What band recorded Viva Wisconsin?
4. The Villanova Wildcats have made 36 appearances in the NCAA tournament, including two championship runs in 1985 and 2016. Their 2016 victory literally came down to the last second, when Kris Jenkins hit a three-point shot just before the buzzer to give Villanova the victory over what team?
5. Fashion designer Vera Wang makes an appearance in the 2009 documentary The September Issue, a film about editor-in-chief Anna Wintour and her staff putting together the September 2007 issue of what magazine?
1. Actress Vanessa Williams starred as Wilhemina Slater, the creative director – and later, editor-in-chief – of Mode magazine, and chief antagonist to America Ferrera's character (and everyone else) on what NBC sitcom?
2. The 2008 song "A-Punk" by the band Vampire Weekend was used in the opening to what film starring Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly as the title characters?
This week's challenge
Start with the word VOLKSWAGEN. Change one letter to a G and you can spell two five-letter words (one singular, one plural) for things you might see in a courtroom. What are they?
1. Serena Williams
2. The Price is Right
3. Violent Femmes
4. North Carolina
1. Ugly Betty
2. Step Brothers