Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
Can I Just Tell You?
Wed November 28, 2012
Why 'Black Thursday' Isn't Bad For Everyone
Originally published on Wed November 28, 2012 1:42 pm
Many Americans have decried the frenzy of holiday shopping that began as early as Thanksgiving Day. But in her weekly "Can I Just Tell You" essay, host Michel Martin asks what crosses the ethical line on holiday consumerism, and who gets to decide.