Most Active Stories
- Boston Bombing Suspect's Body Finally 'Entombed,' Police Say
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Dr. Zlatan Krizan, Iowa State University – Envy and Narcissism
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
North Country News
Wed May 30, 2012
Welch to Host VT Phone Meeting on Student Loans
Vermont Congressman Peter Welch says he wants to hear from residents about their struggles with student loans. WAMC’s Tristan O’Neill reports…
Congress is at loggerheads over how to avoid a July 1st doubling of interest rates on some Stafford Student Loans, and Welch and the head of the Vermont Student Assistance Corp. will be holding a telephone conference call Wednesday evening with people concerned about the issue.
Welch will be joined on the 7:30 call by VSAC's Don Vickers.
Following brief introductory remarks, Vermonters taking part in the call will have a chance to ask questions, share stories, and offer ideas.
To join the call, dial (toll-free) 877-229-8493 and enter PIN code 13785.
Tristan O’Neill, WAMC News.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.