Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
It's All Politics
Sun August 26, 2012
Was Romney's Song Playing Sunday? Check 'I Want You To Want Me'
Originally published on Sun August 26, 2012 7:51 pm
Sometimes you just walk into a metaphor.
What classic rock title could better describe what a politician's really saying to voters than Cheap Trick's I Want You To Want Me?
And what tune was guitarist G.E. Smith ripping through Sunday afternoon during a sound check inside the Tampa Bay Times Forum? That very one.
We grabbed a little video of G.E.'s solo.