Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
WAMC New England News
Mon February 19, 2007
Warming to the fact of climate change?
By Carrie Saldo
Great Barrington, MA – Each year in the United States the average person generates 15,000 pounds of carbon dioxide. That means residents in Berkshire County alone are responsible for about two billion pounds of the gases that contribute to global warming. But, as WAMC's Berkshire Bureau Chief, Carrie Saldo reports, a plan aimed at reducing those emissions is being considered.