Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
Fri August 24, 2012
VT Wind Developer Drops Restraining Order
A wind power developer in Georgia, Vt., has dropped a court order against property owners who moved within a safety zone as construction work was scheduled on a project.
Georgia Mountain Community Wind recently got the order blocking the landowners from accessing their own land that lies with the blasting zone for the project. The landowners oppose the project.
WCAX-TV reports extra crews have been brought in to expedite the blasting process, and they are able to work on the project without requiring the restraining order.
The company originally said the order was needed for safety purposes to make sure people stay outside the blasting safety zone for the four-turbine project.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.