Most Active Stories
- Cheerios Commercial Leaves Bitter Taste
- Breaking the Sound Barrier - NPR Labs Brings Radio To Hearing Impaired
- Dr. Dorothy Peteet, Columbia University – Hudson River and Climate Records
- Dr. Sara Konrath, University of Michigan – Age and Empathy
- Mass. Medical Marijuana Regulations Approved, Communities Prepare For Dispensaries
North Country News
Tue March 27, 2012
VT Police Believe Body Is That of Beloved Teacher
The discovery of a woman's body believed to be that of a beloved teacher at a prestigious Vermont boarding school sent shudders of grief and anxiety through a small New England town a day after her SUV was found running with her unharmed 2-year-old boy inside. WAMC's Tristan O'Neill reports...
Melissa Jenkins, a 33-year-old single mother, taught science at St. Johnsbury Academy, whose alumni include former President Calvin Coolidge.
Vermont police say the body was found yesterday in Barnet, a town not far from St. Johnsbury. A friend who was looking for Jenkins called police Sunday and Jenkins' vehicle was discovered that evening. An autopsy is planned today.
B.J. Robertson, the father of the boy, would not comment on Jenkins' disappearance.
Tristan O'Neill, WAMC News.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.