Most Active Stories
- Cheerios Commercial Leaves Bitter Taste
- Breaking the Sound Barrier - NPR Labs Brings Radio To Hearing Impaired
- Dr. Dorothy Peteet, Columbia University – Hudson River and Climate Records
- Dr. Sara Konrath, University of Michigan – Age and Empathy
- Mass. Medical Marijuana Regulations Approved, Communities Prepare For Dispensaries
North Country News
Wed April 4, 2012
VT Governor Promises to Bring Jobs to Bennington
Vermont Governor Peter Shumlin is promising to work with municipal officials and business owners to bring new jobs to the Bennington area. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley reports…
Shumlin spoke Monday at a luncheon sponsored by the Bennington County Regional Commission.
He says long-term improvements in infrastructure, education and a renewed focus on agriculture will increase the number of jobs and lead to wage increases for employees who have suffered from stagnant earnings.
He says the state can help build on local efforts and help to expand existing firms, including Plasan and Kaman Composites in Bennington.
The Bennington Banner reports the governor indicated several local companies have expressed interest in expanding in the area rather than in other parts of the country.
I'm Pat Bradley, WAMC News.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.