Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
Wed August 8, 2012
VT Gathering Planned to Mark First Anniversary of Irene
Vermont Gov. Peter Shumlin says an event will be held in Randolph on the anniversary of Tropical Storm Irene to celebrate how far the state has come in recovering from one of the worst storms in the state's history.
"One Year Stronger: A Commemorative Gathering on the First Anniversary of Tropical Storm Irene" will take place on August 28 at the Chandler Center for the Arts.
The event will include musical performances by the Vermont Youth Orchestra and VYO Chorus, and Vermont musicians Jon Gailmor, Diane Martin, and Shyla Nelson. Shumlin, other state leaders and flood survivors and volunteers will speak. An exhibit will also be on display of artwork and photographs showing the impact Irene had on Vermonters.
For a listing of other Irene anniversary events, visit www.vtstrong.vermont.gov.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press