Most Active Stories
- Oakland Sweeps Yankees 3-2 In 18 Innings
- Report Cards Assessing Vermont Legislature on Business Issues Released
- Dr. Elizabeth Greene, Western University – Roman Shoes
- Dr. Leah Lakdawala, Michigan State University – Prenatal Sexism
- Dr. Thomas Wartenberg, Mount Holyoke College – Philosophy of Children’s Books
North Country News
Thu May 24, 2012
VT Building Evacuated Because of Chemical
A government building that houses the Vermont governor's office had to be evacuated after some state workers starting feeling sick. WAMC’s Tristan O’Neill reports…
The employees at the Pavilion Building in Montpelier reported having headaches and watery eyes on Wednesday.
The source appears to have been a waterproof sealant that was being applied to the outside bricks and wafting into the building.
The employees were sent home and the building was being ventilated.
Administration Secretary Jeb Spaulding told WCAX-TV that he expects all workers will be able to return this morning.
Tristan O’Neill, WAMC News.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.