Most Active Stories
- Dr. Jeffrianne Wilder, University of North Florida – Skin Color and Racism
- Boston Bombing Suspect's Body Finally 'Entombed,' Police Say
- Dr. Zlatan Krizan, Iowa State University – Envy and Narcissism
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Mass. Medical Marijuana Regulations Approved, Communities Prepare For Dispensaries
New England News
Tue February 19, 2013
VP Biden to give address on gun violence in Conn.
Vice President Joe Biden will be in Connecticut this week for a discussion on gun violence hosted by some of the state's Congress members.
Biden is expected to deliver the keynote address at the conference on federal efforts to curb gun violence.
He will be speaking Thursday at Western Connecticut State University in Danbury, which is just a few miles away from the scene of the Dec. 14 massacre at the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown. A 20-year-old gunman killed 20 first-graders and six educators inside the school before committing suicide.
The conference is being hosted by U.S. Senators. Richard Blumenthal and Chris Murphy and U.S. Rep. Elizabeth Esty. It will feature state and local leaders as well as mental health experts and faith leaders.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.
New York News
New York News