Most Active Stories
- Oakland Sweeps Yankees 3-2 In 18 Innings
- Report Cards Assessing Vermont Legislature on Business Issues Released
- Dr. Elizabeth Greene, Western University – Roman Shoes
- Dr. Leah Lakdawala, Michigan State University – Prenatal Sexism
- Dr. Thomas Wartenberg, Mount Holyoke College – Philosophy of Children’s Books
Vox Pop - Medical Monday
Mon December 31, 2012
Vox Pop : Medical Monday with Dr. Jian Shen : 12/31/12
On this edition of Medical Monday to answer your questions on orthopedic surgery, including minimally invasive spine surgery, is Dr. Jian Shen of Mohawk Valley Orthopedics in Johnstown, New York and Nathan Littauer Hospital.
Dr. Shen joined the Littauer team in 2011. a graduate of Weill Cornell University Medical College in New York, he has completed his residency in orthopedic surgery at Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center in North Carolina and a fellowship in spine surgery at University of California San Francisco.
This year Dr. Shen presented at a conference in Brazil on his experience as an orthopedic surgeon in New York’s Hudson Valley. This year he completed 573 surgeries at Littauer, most of them using an incision of 5 centimeters.