Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
New England News
Fri June 22, 2012
Vermont restores funding for Outright Vermont
The state of Vermont has restored funding for a group that fights discrimination against gay people to run an anti-harrassment program in schools. More from North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley...
Funding for the Outright Vermont program was cut in 2000, amid a heated debate over civil unions. The group had been operating its school program with private grant funding, but now Outright Vermont says state funding has been restored.
Over the last year, Outright Vermont has made 152 presentations in Vermont schools, reaching more than 4,000 students and educators.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.