Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
Fri September 14, 2012
Vermont Progressive Primary Recount Unresolved
It appears that official results in the recount in Vermont's Progressive Party gubernatorial primary won't be known until sometime in the coming week.
Washington County Clerk Elizabeth Batty, who has been collecting results from her counterpart county clerks around Vermont, said Friday the results won't be made public until they are certified by Judge Robert Bent, who is overseeing the recount.
Write-in candidate Annette Smith asked for the recount after losing in earlier counting to Progressive Party Chairwoman Martha Abbott by one vote. The party decided earlier this year not to run a candidate for governor, so Abbott withdrew after her apparent victory.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.