Most Active Stories
- Boston Bombing Suspect's Body Finally 'Entombed,' Police Say
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Zlatan Krizan, Iowa State University – Envy and Narcissism
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
Wed September 5, 2012
Vermont Man Charged After Crashing Through Airport Fence
Police say a 39-year-old Vermont man drove a pickup truck through a chain link fence onto a road inside the Burlington International Airport and then exited by driving through an emergency gate.
The Burlington Free Press is reporting that Brent Rutledge of Winooski was apprehended and charged Wednesday after he drove through a fence onto the airport’s perimeter road, near the airport's taxiway. He then went thru a locked gate and crashed into two wooden swinging gates at the airport parking garage.
Police reported that Rutledge appeared "disoriented and distraught" and was taken to Fletcher Allen Health Care in Burlington.
Police say there does not appear to be an ongoing threat.
There was no runway or taxiway incursions and no aircraft were in motion at the time.
The airport is installing fortifications to the perimeter fence.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.