Most Active Stories
- Cheerios Commercial Leaves Bitter Taste
- Breaking the Sound Barrier - NPR Labs Brings Radio To Hearing Impaired
- Dr. Dorothy Peteet, Columbia University – Hudson River and Climate Records
- Dr. Sara Konrath, University of Michigan – Age and Empathy
- Mass. Medical Marijuana Regulations Approved, Communities Prepare For Dispensaries
North Country News
Fri November 30, 2012
Vermont House Member Killed in Crash
A Vermont House Representative was killed Friday morning after a car struck him on a snowy road.
Vermont State Police responded to an accident on US Route 7 Friday morning.
Republican State Representative Greg Clark of Vergennes had pulled onto the shoulder of the road and exited to clear his windshield.
He was then struck by another car. Emergency responders initiated CRP and transported Clark to Porter Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Vermont Governor Peter Shumlin issued a statement this afternoon saying Clark “always put the needs of his constituents first” and that he would miss Clark’s “smile..... sense of humor and .....friendship.
Clark had just been re-elected to his sixth term.