Most Active Stories
- Dr. Jeffrianne Wilder, University of North Florida – Skin Color and Racism
- Boston Bombing Suspect's Body Finally 'Entombed,' Police Say
- Dr. Zlatan Krizan, Iowa State University – Envy and Narcissism
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
Tue July 24, 2012
Vermont Commissioner Says More Time Sheet Problems
Vermont's public safety commissioner says problems with the time reports of a former trooper charged with falsifying his reports for June appear to stretch back at least two years.
Commissioner Keith Flynn of the Department of Public Safety says preliminary reports on the investigation into alleged false swearing by former Sgt. James Deeghan stopped short of calling the earlier time sheets evidence of criminal activity, but said there are what he termed anomalies.
Deeghan was charged July 13 with two counts of false swearing in connection with time reports for two pay periods in June. Authorities say that while working at the state police Williston barracks, Deeghan padded his time reports in part by reporting that he responded to accidents and other incidents that never occurred.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.