Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
North Country News
Mon March 18, 2013
Vermont Building Project Costs Labeled "Eye-Popping"
The space is being called gorgeous, but the cost "eye-popping." Vermont lawmakers are applying those terms to office space at the National Life building in Montpelier that has been renovated to house the Vermont Agency of Natural Resources and other state agencies.
Members of the House Institutions Committee say they were given a rough estimate last year that the project to move the Natural Resources Agency into the building, that already housed the transportation and commerce agencies, would cost around $2 million.
The more recent estimate is $8.65 million.
Members of the House Institutions Committee are now looking at ways to avoid similar surprises in the future.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.