Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
WAMC New York News
Mon February 21, 2005
Vermont Anti-smokers Recruit NY Anti-smokers
By Pat Bradley
Montpelier, VT – Vermont legislators are considering a proposal to end the cabaret exemption in the state's anti-smoking law. The provision allows venues like bars, and bowling alleys that make more than 50% of their revenue from liquor and entertainment sales to permit smoking. VT anti-smoking advocates want the exemption eliminated. They brought an anti-smoking advocate from NY to talk to VT legislators about the NY's experience with the laws that bar smoking in such places. WAMC's Pat Bradley reports.